I have decided to start a blog to share my journey to a new me. I suppose I should start at the beginning and tell where I started.
I have been overweight most all of my life and have never been comfortable with it. I never made a huge deal about my weight, but inside, I hated it! I have tried dieting off and on throughout my life and could never find anything that would permanently keep the weight off. Sure, I would lose a few pounds, but I would gain it right back as soon as I went back to my "normal" lifestyle. I finally said that after I had children I would lose the weight.
Well, my son Jacob was born in September 2005. And I still had in the back of my mind that I needed to lose weight, but lacked the motivation to do it. Then, in March of 2006 while sitting in the chair at the Hair Salon, I looked at myself in the mirror with the cape around me and I looked enormous, I couldn't believe how big I had allowed myself to get. THAT was the defining moment and the "IT" that I needed to get the motivation that I had been lacking. I researched a few diet plans and finally decided that Weight Watchers is the way I should go. I knew that whatever I decided to do, it was not going to be a diet, but a lifestyle change. I knew that I could not continue to live unhealthily, my son and husband deserved better and most importantly, I deserve better! I joined Weight Watchers in March 2006 and was astonished at how well and quickly it worked for me! I started out weighing 275 pounds and after 10 months, I now weigh 195, my goal is 150. I still have more weight to lose and much more to learn. But I will succeed ~ it is my desire, my goal, and my journey!
A place for me to share what has or has not worked for me in my journey to a healthier body.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Makes me have hope I will be able to do the same once the babies get here! You keep it up girl!
Post a Comment